Jacob Zuma, South Africa’s incumbent president, is facing major challenges to his leadership. Just like his life, his presidential term is filled with difficulties, and we have yet to see how he will overcome. Long before he became the most prominent political figure in South Africa, his name was known by many for reasons that will be stated below. Here are eight significant things you should learn about Jacob Zuma.
- He can speak in six languages, namely Zulu, French, Russia, Portuguese, Swahili and Xhosa. What is more impressive is that he does it fluently. To top it all, he had no formal education because his father died early and his mom was a domestic worker.
- He joined politics at the early age of 17. He got involved with African National Congress, but it was soon banned, so he joined South African Communist Party which led to him receiving training in the Soviet Union. Much much later he became the head of African National Congress Department of Intelligence.
- He served a ten-year prison term for the charge of conspiring against the government, resulting in imprisonment on Robben Island along with a few other prominent ANC leaders and Nelson Mandela.
- He became the 14th president of South Africa. He was re-elected after his first five years.
- He improved South Africa’s healthcare program, especially focusing on HIV treatment and prevention of new infections which led to longer life expectancy for the citizens. This is considered to be the peak of his career. But he somehow negated its effect due to an action he did in number three.
- He faced rape charges. In 2005, President Zuma was charged with rape, although he denied it and claimed it was consensual. He also admitted having sex without a condom, though the woman was known to be HIV positive. His justification was that he later showered so he can reduce the risk of contacting HIV. More jacob Zuma news on buzzsouthafrica.com!
- He suffered the lowest point of his political career when he was dismissed as an Executive Deputy President by then president Thabo Mbeki because of the allegations on him regarding fraud and corruption. The accusations were taken to court, but it was later on dismissed on the grounds of ‘insufficient evidence”. However, it left a mark on the people, especially since he has previous brushes with the law, with many starting to doubt his capacity.
- He is a polygamist and was married six times, although he only has four wives now because he divorced one, and the other one died. He has 21 known children, sixteen of which are from legal wives, with the rest as a result of his extramarital relationships. More jacob zuma stories here!
If you are from South Africa but no longer live there, you might long for home and for the news of everything that is going on there. However, since you are very far away, you might not be able to get the news that you desire firsthand. What is more, the news that travels to you might be old and out of date, and you might feel yourself behind in all things. The good news is that there are reputable sources of news from South Africa that you can no doubt trust. When you find a source like this, you will definitely enjoy many benefits. Here are just some of them.
- When you find a good source of news about Jacob Zuma, you can keep in touch with whatever is happening in your beloved country. For example, if you want to know news about the president and what he is up to, you can easily do so through filtering your search and making it specific. There is no doubt that you will find everything that you are looking for when you find a good website like this.
- When you find a good source of news about jacobzuma children, you can be sure that you will be able to read about many diverse topics. Maybe you are a fan of your favorite football club. Maybe you have favorite TV stars, or maybe you want to read interesting stories to keep your world and your home alive, even when you are far away. The good news is that when you find a good source of news from your country, you can be sure to find everything that you are looking for, whether it is about the president’s last movements, or about the weather in your family’s hometown.
South Africa is definitely a beautiful country, and if you are from there, you might long to know everything about it, from the daily doings of the president to some stories collected by people on daily life. The good news is that you can find a good source of South Africa news quite easily, and when you do, you can be sure that you will always remain updated on whatever is going on there. What is more, a website like this will be easy to use, and you don’t need to worry about being internet-savvy or talented with using modern technology.
Jacob Zuma is the third democratically elected president of South Africa, taking the torch from the previous two presidents on which whose names were Nelson Mandela, which was an international icon and Thabo Mbeki. The first two presidents were well literate and well educated presidents. Both Mandela and Mbeki graduated as barrister and an economist, respectively in their own times and in the finest educational institutions.
Jacob Zuma birthdate is April 12, 1942. He was born in to the clan of Zuma at Nkandla. Nkandla is located in the province of KwaZulu-Natal and it is a rural area. He was the first son of his father and his father’s second wife. His mother and father were a domestic worker and a policeman, respectively. Jacob Zuma’s father unfortunately died when he was very young and Jacob does not have any memory of his father.
In books, Jacob Zuma is portrayed as a man of contradictions. He was deeply embedded in his deep cultural roots which is Zulus and is very comfortable in his leopard skin attire. Zuma is a smart modern day politician and is also a proud man who had a rather active sexual lifestyle with many women. He became wildly popular because of his image and wittiness and his contagious smile and yet he can go toe to toe with people in the international level and go to talks worldwide without leaving a single hint of his educational attainment which is only at the primary level.
In biographies, authors from http://buzzsouthafrica.com/news/zuma/ describe a man who seems not really destined for greatness. Jacob Zuma never had the chance to complete his primary education and spent most of his childhood years as a boy who tends to the herds. His family was not rich either and it was his mother’s domestic work in Durban that exposed Jacob Zuma’s eyes to the harsh reality of the world.
At his search and his longing for freedom experienced a lot of things. Jacob Zuma, age 17, then joined the African National Congress. He was exiled, was incarcerated on Robben Island. All that resulting Jacob Zuma to be a part of Thabo Mbeki’s cabinet in 1999 to 2005 as deputy president, but he was then fired in 2005 because of the misdemeanors of a friend and a former financial adviser. Since then, Mbeki and Zuma became political rivals, but their rivalry was clean and there was no blood shed. Zuma’s victory over Mbeki and Zuma’s biography shows that Africa’s democracy is working and Africa is functioning well as a newly independent state since 1994. Know about jacob zuma latest news here!
This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.